Fridge to Fork in 30 Minutes!! This was so fast, easy and delicious!! I used some of our Magic Chicken (see below for recipe) so since I used Onion Onion when cooking the Magic Chicken I did not add more…did not have zucchini so used frozen peas and carrots…no fresh tomatoes so used a 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes…used only 1 cup of milk because of the liquid in the can of tomatoes. I did not have Monterey Jack cheese but had Colby Jack so used that. I also only cooked the pasta half way and then added to the chicken mixture after I got it boiling and cooked an additional 5 minutes. This recipe is part of our Fix It Fast Meal kit! Enjoy!
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1½ cups 2% milk, warmed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped, optional
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and Onion Onion™ Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Sauté until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini; sauté 2-3 minutes. Stir in pasta, milk and Artichoke & Spinach Warm Dip Mix. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and tomatoes; salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately. Sauce will thicken upon standing.
Makes 6 servings OR Makes 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Mini Onion Monkey Bread.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1; rinse with cold water and toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Place in a quart freezer bag. Combine step 2 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags and unopened Artichoke & Spinach Warm Dip Mix in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
For remix Chicken & Veggie Soup recipe: Place 2 servings leftover pasta in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
click here for our Magic Chicken Recipe