So mu hubby is not a big fan of French Onion Soup so I replace this recipe with the one below and got a 2 Thumbs up
French Onion and Beef Soup Recipe
- 7 small onions, thinly sliced (about 7 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1½ lbs. beef stew meat
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 (10.5 oz.) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- 8-10 slices French bread, about ½-inch thick
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large greased slow cooker. Add beef; season with Rustic Herb Seasoning and pepper. Cover; cook on low 9-10 hours or until onions are dark brown. Stir in broth and apple juice. Cover; cook 10 additional minutes or until hot. Ladle soup into individual ovenproof bowls or ramekins. Top each with 1 slice of bread and ¼ cup cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Rustic Chicken Soup Recipe
Perfect for those busy weeknights – a warm meal, ready to eat when the family gets home….I added a handful of egg noodles also and topped with some Swiss cheese…as my secret ingredient I added a Tablespoon of our Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena when I was cooking the chicken…I am in love with this…I only made half this recipe and it was a lot! But that’s ok because I am excited for leftovers
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2-3 celery ribs, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Serve it tonight: Sauté chicken in butter in a skillet or saucepan until no longer pink. Place cooked chicken and remaining ingredients in a large slow cooker. Cook on low 6-8 hours.* Makes 6 servings.
*Can be simmered on the stove for 1-2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Serve it later: Place cooked chicken and remaining ingredients in a resealable plastic bag; freeze. To serve, thaw completely and prepare in slow cooker as directed above.
Suggested sides: Garden salad with French or ranch dressing and crusty bread.
- Our next groceries…
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 12 oz. penne pasta
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 cup celery
- Cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Blue cheese (optional)